Monday, September 29, 2008

My First Birthday

Originally Posted on 6/19/2008 6:55:00 PM

I turned one on June 6, 2008!!! It is really amazing how much has happened in this past year. I started as a 6 lb 7 oz baby and in one year I gained 13 lbs and 4 ounces. I learned how to sit up, to crawl and even how to walk. I grew a lot more hair and my babbling turned in to jabbering. I can point to things and will go to the ball when Mommy and Daddy ask me to. Once I learned how to move I realized it was so much fun that I didn't want to stop. I love my doggy and spend lots of time harassing her. I don't think she is very fond of me right now except that I leave lots of food on the floor for her to eat.



My Mommy and Daddy had a big birthday party for me. Lots of people came to help me celebrate. It was a really nice day so we had all the rooms open in the sun room and people could go outside on the deck. My Grandma and Grandpa Sly came over from England to help me celebrate. My Uncles Caleb and Sam were there as well as my Aunties Sarah and Erin. Dad's step-brother Dennis came with his wife Carol and their daughter Vivian. My mom's cousin Landis came up from Attleboro with her three kids, Nathan, Hana and Lydia. Some of my Mommy and Daddy's friends were there too. Mommy made me a cake that looked like a giraffe, it was yummy.



I got lots of fun presents too. Mommy and Daddy gave me a Giraffe hobby horse, giraffe books, a giraffe height chart and a giraffe stuffed animal (notice a theme?). My Auntie Katherine sent over a kiddie pool and some clothes from England and my English Grandparents gave me lots of fun learning toys including a doll that will help me learn how to get dressed. My uncles and aunts gave me my own rocking chair with my name on it which came in my favorite present, a box! I love to play in the box. Daddy plays peek-a-boo with me when I'm in the box and I get very excited. I also get very angry at my birthday balloons when they keep coming back after I hit them.



I had so much fun at my party that I didn't sleep very well that night. I woke up around 10 and kept my parents up for four hours. They decided I shouldn't have that much sugar again. All in all my birthday was a lot of fun and I am quickly leaving the baby stage and entering the world of toddlerhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment