Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa Sly and Auntie Katherine

Originally Posted 7/28/2007 8:46:00 PM

On Wednesday, June 25th, some of my Daddy's family arrived from England. I met my grandma and grandpa Sly for the first time as well as my auntie Katherine. My uncle Martin is currently living in Papua New Guinea so it will probably be awhile before I meet him and his partner Joanne. Things have been busy since they arrived. On Wednesday night we went out to dinner but I was feeling fussy so Mommy had to stand up and try to eat while attempting to keep my quiet. It didn't work too well. On Thursday it was very hot and we went for a walk in to town for lunch and shopping. That night Daddy came home from teaching in Kansas City, Mommy was very happy to see him.



On Friday I went to the beach for the first time. I spent most of the time sleeping in the UV filtering cabana that my Auntie Erin and Uncle Sam gave me. Mommy and Daddy put my toes in the icy cold Atlantic water for the first time but I didn't like it very much. After dinner we went for a walk into town for an ice cream. It was all a little too much for me though and I had trouble falling asleep. Gotta keep my parents on their toes.

Today we went to Newburyport for the day. They all had lunch at The Grog while I slept. After we left the restaurant we got stuck in the rain while a thunderstorm passed through town. I slept through that as well. In fact, other than waking up to eat, I've slept all day. I even slept though my usual fussy period in the evening! I must be growing! I got a bath tonight but since I was hungry I didn't enjoy it very much.

I've also changed my evening schedule and now sleep from 11ish to 4ish, letting my parents sleep a bit more. I think that makes them very happy although they aren't sure if it is because I'm now being swaddleld or I'm just getting older. Mommy looks forward to the day where I sleep for 8 straight hours. That will be quiet a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment